Monday, April 28, 2008

"I have a Cause In Alaska" : Digital Story

I created a digital story that I would love to do in a classroom. I didn't have a chance to do the digital story with a class, but I was able to do the Unit without the digital story component. The project is for them to find something that they would like to change in their neighborhood, community, or city. I want them to care about something.
The "I Have a Cause In Alaska" project requires students to:

- Research and find a cause that they want to take up at the local or state level in Alaska.

- Explore and propose a solution or change they want to see made based on that cause they are taking up.

- Write a proposal or create a digital story that addresses the cause and the proposed solutions.

- Identify who their local representative is in the legislature

- Write a letter to their representative about their cause and proposal (We will not send the letters)

I'll make activists out of them yet!

-Check out the Digital Story Map I used to create the storyline for my digital story. A story map is a great tool to use to organize the flow and content of a story before putting the story together digitally.

-To see a rubric that could be used to grade the digital story check out the Digital Story Rubric posted on Google Docs

-Click here to see my digital story example of the I Have a Cause in Alaska digital Story

No comments: